Life has gotten a bit crazy. I know I said I would be better about writing but obviously I have not been. So what has been going on in my life...
Beatrice is now a crawling machine and getting into everything. James used binkies so he never put too much in his mouth. Bea on the other had puts everything in her mouth. If it’s not nailed down she needs to eat it. Her current favorites are paper, fake cookies from one of James toys, mommy’s hair and any piece of dust she finds on the ground. The other day I had to wrestle a suction cup off her tongue because she was gagging. So yeah it’s been tons of fun living in a constant state of “What’s in your mouth?”
James has hit the terrible twos. He throws a fit at almost everything now. No you can’t have a 4th popsicle…tears. You need to keep your clothes on when we have company…tears. You want to watch your Dragon movie…tear. Bath time is over…tears. There is a plum (which you devoured at the farmers market) on your plate…tears. It seems there is not a lot I can do that makes that kid happy right now. And lately it has been all me (Chris has been working a lot) so I think he is totally over it. And to be honest there are days I am over it too.
My husband Chris has been working a lot. Financially it is wonderful for us. Good money coming in and bills being paid. But the one drawback is that he is gone a lot. This week he is gone all week to Huntington Beach, he was there a week and a half ago too. Plus when he is home and working there are many times he is on for 10 hours. So the last month or so he has been gone a lot. I feel like I know what military wives must feel like. The bummer part is I’m not a military wife so I didn’t see all this traveling coming. But I try my best to be good about it and take care of things while he is gone because realistically if that what it takes for us to be secure that’s what we need to do. But I do miss him a lot and I know the kids do to. We video chatted the other day and James got upset because he thought Chris was in the Ipad.
Our house keeps getting invaded by ant!! I mean really. In the carpet, all over the kitchen, in the bathroom, you name they attack it. I’m getting real tired of picking stray ants off myself and my kid. Boo.
I’m in the process of purging things from my house. In the last few years my life has changed dramatically. Because of that I think my priorities have really changed too. Gone are the days that I would buy DVD’s and books because they looked interesting. Now I’m trying to find places to put toys. It’s not a bad change, just a change. Realizing what is really important to me and it’s not a lot of the crap I have collected over the years.
So yeah. That’s my life right now. It may sound like a bunch of negative but really it’s a pretty good life. I’m happy and other than melt downs now and again the kids seem happy. We have a roof over our heads, food on the table and lots of love to go around. So I really can’t complain…too much




No comments:
Post a Comment